Thursday, September 27, 2012

Debianvsubuntu.com

Awhile back I wrote a post on one of my blogs titled, "Debian vs Ubuntu" and quickly afterward it started getting quite a bit of traffic. Shortly after I decided to stem my blog article content into a full website. I registered the domain debianvsubuntu.com and exported the existing WordPress comments from MySQL and ported them all into a new database to use with the new website.

The site design was kinda crappy, so today I decided to redesign it. The new design is a very clean, simple and practical format. I am sure some people will still think it looks crappy. But that's okay! Also still in the works: I am restructuring the back-end, and also once again I am porting the existing data that was once originally WordPress comment data, into yet another database. But also too this new back-end allows users to be able to add their own pages to the site. Here's a screen shot of the site below:

Screenshot of debianvsubuntu.com

The add a page feature is LIVE. People can publish their own pages on the site and share useful information such as advice, news, tips or tricks stemming around Debian or Ubuntu. There will be more features added soon and I will be sure to post about updates. In the mean time be sure to check out the website and reply back in the comments with your feedback and thoughts.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home