Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What Is The Best Linux OS For a Web Server?

Most all major web hosting companies such as HostGator, BlueHost, etc. use CentOS as their web server operating system. In my home office I run a couple personal web servers using Ubuntu Server. I really like that OS, but it concerns me that I might not be using the best operating system for my web servers. I'm pretty particular about things, and with my web server, I like to keep them maintained close to being identical to a standard production web server you'd expect to see running on the grid from a large web hosting company.

All that said, what's your opinion about this? What do you think is the best Linux operating system to use for a web server? Are their any added benefits to using one over another. I really look forward to reading opinions on this subject.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home