Tuesday, November 30, 2010

How To Install CentOS 5.5 For a Web Server

I finally decided to play around a little more with CentOS. After work today, I decided to kick back and install CentOS 5.5 to use on one of my personal web servers here in my home office. I'm pretty excited about testing out the OS. Already, it does seem much more complicated compared to Ubuntu Server. We'll just have to see how things go. By the way, if you're experienced with Linux and happen to have some opinions between the two operating systems, feel free to chime in.

The reason why I'm installing CentOS is because most all of the web hosting accounts I have with companies such as HostGator or BlueHost use CentOS. I really like Ubuntu Server, but I don't think it's fair to draw an opinion between the two unless I try them both. I'll keep you posted on the progress and testing.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home